Note:  Our Trading Hours for Eartag and Stockbrand office: 8:00-16:00

Rest of Meatboard 7:30-16:30.  Lunch hour for all offices: 12:45-14:00

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the rules/regulations to export live animals to Angola


What are the rules/regulations to export live animals to Angola?  Are there any restrictions and limitations with regard to quantity, weight, gender, etc.?


If the exporter is Namibian, they need to be registered as a producer with the Meat Board of Namibia.

 Registration is free and is done at our offices.

 Requirements for Permit in that order:

  1. Import permit from Angola
  2. Export Permit from Veterinary Services (Namibia)
  3. Meat Board Export Permit ( Last stage)

 Standard levy applies depending on the type of livestock being exported.


How to register for a stock brand and producer
Export goat to Angola
When to apply for a Stock Brand with Meat Board?
What procedures and documents are required to apply for a Stock Brand?
What is the current meat import allowance into Namibia?
What are the current restrictions for taking meat to Namibia from South Africa?
What are the procedures for exporting meat from Namibia to South Africa, alternatively to China and Hong Kong
Where can goat ear tags be purchased?

The Meat Board does not supply goat ear tags. We only supply (sell) official cattle ear tags.
Goat ear tags can be purchased at any AGRA outlet. You will be required to have a stock brand card or certificate if you purchase goat ear tags.

Detailed information you will find in the MEAT STANDARDS and TRADE and MARKETING page of The Meat Board website.

Where can the Electronic Ear tag reader be purchased?
Export: Beef: Namibia to China. Please advise if we are allowed to export beef from Namibia to China, or are there any restrictions?
What are the rules/regulations to export live animals to Angola
I have a hunting trip planned
What procedures are needed when a producer wants to export meat from Namibia to countries such as China, Hong Kong and South Africa?
What must a producer do to get registered on NAMLITS. Are there any documents that are required? Can the process be done online?
What are the rules and regulations when producers want to export livestock to neighbouring countries such as Angola, Botswana and South Africa?
Could you please tell me what permit is required to bring mutton to South Africa via road transport.


Register Producer Re-Registration

Download applications forms for registration as:

Our Company

Get in Touch

P O Box 38, Windhoek, Namibia

+264 61 275830

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Upcoming events

© The Meat Board of Namibia - All Rights Reserved